Ready to learn more about the different insulation types, or maybe roofing and below-grade insulation choices? We offer multiple courses, both in-person (where we can bring these courses to you, or you can come to our state of the art manufacturing facilities) and virtually (read or watch the content here and then take a short quiz to demonstrate you read the content thoroughly).
Insulfoam Provider Number: K 031
Insulfoam AIA Education Courses
Contact us to schedule a course or click the “Available On-demand” link to take the course now*
- Learn about the environmental features and benefits of EPS insulation including recyclability, LEED, thermal performance, energy efficiency, global warming reduction and mold resistance
- Understanding ASTM C578, Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation
- Understanding key physical properties of EPS: R-value, Compressive Strength, and Moisture Absorption
- Understand the different applications of EPS – Roofing, Wall, Below Grade, Below Slab, Geofoam, Lightweight Void Fill and SIPs
- Define and understand the similarities and differences between how Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) and Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) are manufactured
- Learn about the environmental features and benefits of polystyrene insulation including recyclability, LEED, thermal performance, energy efficiency, reducing global warming and mold resistance
- Understanding ASTM C578: Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation Review physical property data of both EPS and XPS: Compressive Strength, Long Term Moisture Retention and Sustainable R-Value
EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE – THE ECONOMICAL CHOICE FOR ROOFING INSULATION – NEW AND RETROFIT CONSTRUCTION APPLICATIONS
Course No: EPS 105/105od (1) LU HSW SD
- Define and understand how Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is manufactured
- Understand the environmental features and benefits of EPS insulation including recyclability, LEED, thermal performance, and energy efficiency.
- Understanding key physical properties of the different EPS products used in Roofing applications.
- Understand the features and benefits of the different EPS products: standard, faced, and composites and which roofing applications they are used in.
- Understand the economic advantages when using EPS in different roofing applications than other insulations. Case Study examples sited. Understand what key components to consider when preparing a specification for EPS vs another insulation product in a roofing application: R-Value, Compressive Strength, Codes, Product Performance, Labor Costs, LEED and Sustainability, Product Availability and Warranty.
Course No: EPS 106/106od (1) LU HSW
- Understand what is Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) insulation and how it is made
- Identify when EPS is specified in relation to energy and building codes through real life projects
- Compare EPS insulation’s long-term performance with other insulation products through research studies.
- Design EPS into engineered below-grade applications to provide long-term stable thermal efficiency.
- Learn how EPS Geofoam can be used as commercial or residential structural fill through real-life projects.
Course No: EPS 108/108od (1) LU HSW
- Explain the basic chemistry of Graphite enhanced Polystyrene (GPS) rigid insulation and how that contributes to occupant comfort.
- Understand the benefits of GPS compared to other rigid insulation materials.
- Discuss how the moisture management properties of GPS contribute toward the drying strategy of the wall.
- Explain suitable applications for GPS insulation.
*OnDemand courses require passing a 10-question quiz to receive AIA continuing education credit.