Tapered InsulFoam is cut from the same high-quality stock as our flat InsulFoam products, and meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C578, Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation. Tapered panels were used for increasing slope for additional drainage and offers a long-term, stable R-Value and has excellent dimensional stability, compressive strength and water resistant properties.
Product Used: Full taper EPS package (1# density) with crickets, Carlisle SynTec roof, Texas.
Roofing Contractor: Roof Toppers, Inc.
Advantages to using Tapered InsulFoam roofing insulation:
- Labor Savings: there are no complicated filler panel systems. Tapered InsulFoam can be installed in a single layer for thicknesses up to 40″, and is significantly more cost-effective than extruded polystyrene, perlite and isocyanurate tapered systems.
- Promoted Positive Drainage: Tapered InsulFoam is the ideal insulation for both new construction and re-roofing projects in which positive slope is desired or ponded water is a concern
- Environmentally Friendly: contains no formaldehyde or ozone-depleting HCFCs, contains recycled material, and is 100% recyclable if ever removed or replaced.
- Stable R-Value: designers are well served knowing the product’s thermal properties will remain stable over its entire service life. There is no thermal drift, so the product is eligible for an Insulfoam 20-year thermal performance warranty.
- Proven Performance: the same fundamental EPS chemistry has been in use since the mid-1950’s, so the actual performance of the product is well known.
- Water-Resistant: Tapered InsulFoam does not readily absorb moisture from the environment.
- Code Approvals: Tapered InsulFoam is recognized by the International Code Council Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), and has numerous Underwriters Laboratory and Factory Mutual Approvals.
More Product Information: Tapered InsulFoam product overview
Questions on this project or application?
Contact Travis Montgomery, Insulfoam Territory Manager